Label: Holland’s Skateland, Bridgeport
Date1941-1952
Mediumpaper, printed ink
DimensionsPrimary Dimensions (overall height x width): 6 11/16 × 4 3/4in. (17 × 12cm)
ClassificationsInformation Artifacts
Credit LineGift of Gary W. Potter
DescriptionA triangular label for Holland’s Skateland on 1035 State Street in Bridgeport. The label has a red, white, and blue color motif. In the center is an illustration of a woman wearing blue clothing and roller skating. The text reads, "Holland's / SKATELAND / 1035 STATE STREET / BRIDGEPORT, CONN."
Object number2013.102.8
InscribedStamped in blue ink on back: "EXCHANGE STICKERS / JAMES COLLARICE / 20 FIRST PLACE / BROOKLYN, N. Y."NotesSubject Note: Holland's Skateland opened in 1941 and was run by Ruth E. and William Holland. The building was located at 1035 State Street in the historic Pyramid Mosque in Bridgeport. In 1952, it was purchased at auction and ran as Park City Skateland. In the late 1960s, it was renamed to Mosque Rollaway. By late 1975, it was operated as the Fairfield County Roller Dome before demolishing in the mid-1990s.On View
Not on view1952-1966
1940s-1966
1940s-1966
1949-1954
1936-1957
1939-1947
1940-1963
