Label: Conrose’s Skating Rink, Hartford
Date1939-1947
Mediumpaper, printed ink
DimensionsPrimary Dimensions (overall height x width): 4 1/2 × 5 5/16in. (11.5 × 13.5cm)
ClassificationsInformation Artifacts
Credit LineGift of Gary W. Potter
DescriptionLabel for Conrose’s Skating Rink in Hartford. The label is shield shaped with the United States' flag in the background. In the center is an illustration of blue and white roller skates with feather wings attached to the top. The text reads in blue, "Conrose's / Skating / Rink / HARTFORD, CONN."
Object number2013.102.19
InscribedHandwritten in black ink on back: "Geo Lawance / 429 No 2nd / Springfield, Ill."Stamped in black ink on back: "K. R. KENDALL / 2865 MULBERRY / BALTIMORE, M.D."
Stamped in black ink on back: "DAVID G. BRADBEER / 3842 Imperial Street / New Westminster, B. C. / STICKERS TO TRADE".NotesSubject Note: The building at 28 Park Street in Hartford was first operated as the Palomar Ballroom which held dancing and skating. In 1939, Syd Con and William B. Rose bought the establishment, turning it into the Conrose Skating Rink. The owners sold the rink in 1947, and the new owners changed the name to Friendly Roller Rink. The building sold again in 1948 with a name change to Dreamland Roller Rink. After 1950, the building was used as a warehouse for Ames Stores until its demolition in 1996.
On View
Not on view1940-1950
1940-1950s
1942-1956
1942-1956
c. 1940-1950
probably 1880s-1941
1940s-1966
