Label: Bowl-O-Rink, New Britain
Date1940s-1966
Mediumpaper, printed ink
DimensionsPrimary Dimensions (overall height x width): 5 × 5 1/2in. (12.7 × 14cm)
ClassificationsInformation Artifacts
Credit LineGift of Gary W. Potter
DescriptionLabel for Bowl-O-Rink on 296 Arch St., New Britain. The label has a yellow and blue color motif with an illustration of a woman roller skating in the middle. The text reads in blue, "Let's go to the Cozy / BOWL-O-RINK / 296 ARCH ST. / NEW BRITAIN, CONN. / Keep Healthy Roller Skating".
Object number2013.102.12
InscribedStamped in blue ink on back: "HARRY E. OLSON / 15 ROGERS LANE / QUINCY 69, MASS."NotesSubject Note: The building located at 296 Arch Street in New Britain was built in 1940, but it is unclear when it started operating as a roller rink. When Bowl-O-Rink opened, it was both a bowling alley on the top floor and a roller rink on the basement level. In 1966, under a new owner, the building changed its name to New Britain Skating Rink. In 1970, under a new owner, the building became Hi-Lite Roller Skating Rink until about 1977.On View
Not on view1906-1968
1939-1947
1942-1956
1942-1956
1940-1950
