Skip to main content
2026.1.40, Connecticut Museum of Culture and History collection, Copyright Not Evaluated
Label: Hartford Skating Palace
2026.1.40, Connecticut Museum of Culture and History collection, Copyright Not Evaluated

Label: Hartford Skating Palace

Date1940-1963
Mediumpaper, printed ink
DimensionsPrimary Dimensions (length x width): 4 5/8 × 5 1/8in. (11.7 × 13cm)
ClassificationsInformation Artifacts
Credit LineConnecticut Museum of Culture and History collection
DescriptionA label for Hartford Skating Palace at 3340 Main St., Hartford. The label has a shield shape and features a yellow and blue color motif and an illustration of a woman roller skating.
Object number2026.1.40
InscribedStamped in black ink on back: "MILES FLANAGAN / R.D. 1 / NORTH GIRARD, PENN."

Stamped in black ink on back: "MEMBER / EARL WILES / 100 CRESCENT ST. / MIDDLETOWN, CT. / URSSE"

Stamped in black ink on back: "FEB 2 0 1960"
NotesSubject Note: The building at 3340 Main St., Hartford opened as an indoor roller rink in 1940. It was under the management of Benjamin R. Richland, Fred Bowers, and Joseph Block. The rink operated until 1963. The building was later used as a furniture store and a social club venue.
On View
Not on view