Skip navigation
Wells & Goodwin
Henry Goodwin
James Wells
American, 1847 - 1856
James G. Wells
Biography: Wells and Goodwin was a crockery retail firm owned by James G. Wells and Henry W. Goodwin in Hartford, Connecticut, from 1847 to 1856. After 1856, James G. Wells went into business on his own in Hartford. Henry G. Goodwin then changed the name of the firm to the "New Crockery Store."