Skip navigation
Prescott & White

American, 1867 - 1873
Biography: After Edwin P. Gage left for Havana in 1863, D. K. Prescott continued to operate the photography business formerly known as Prescott & Gage for a few years by himself. In about 1867, he formed a new partnership with Isaac White, and the firm was known as Prescott & White until 1873. Prescott & White was located at 368 Main Street, Hartford in 1867; in 1872 the firm moved to spacious new quarters at 15 Pratt Street. In 1873, Prescott left for Boston, and Isaac White continued the business in his own name.