Skip navigation
H. B. Burgess



American, 1871 - 1900
Biography: H. B. Burgess, hats, caps, and furs, was located at 233 Chapel Street in New Haven, Connecticut. H. B. Burgess's store was open by 1871. In 1876, it became Burgess & Burgess, hatters and furriers, when H. B. Burgess was joined by J. E. Burgess. In 1884, they moved to 751 Chapel Street. In 1894, the store became Burgess Fur & Hat Co. The store went out of business in 1900.