Skip navigation
Greenwood China Company


American, 1868 - 1933
Biography: Greenwood China was organized in 1868 out of a pottery which had been started in 1861 by Stephens, Tams and Company. Greenwod China Company and Greenwood Pottery were listed separately, with separate names and addresses, in Trenton city directories, but were under the same management and were the same business. They operated 20 kilns with about 300 workers at the turn of the twentieth century. The business probably ceased to exist in 1933. The company made a variety of products including stone china, translucent dinnerware, resturant china, door knobs, porcelain isulators, art pottery vases and plaques.