Skip navigation
E. Ingraham & Co.
E. Ingraham
American, 1861 - 1884
E. Ingraham
Biography: The clockmaking firm of E. Ingraham & Co. went through several name changes over the years. Brewster and Ingrahams was organized in 1844, but in 1852 the name changed to E. and A. Ingraham. The company was renamed Elias Ingraham and Company in 1857. In 1861, it became E. Ingraham and Company. In 1884, the name changed to E. Ingraham Co. In 1958, the company was renamed to Ingraham Company. In 1967, the company was sold to McGraw Edison and was reorganized as Ingraham Industries, watch and clock makers. The company had been located in Bristol, Connecticut, except from 1855-1857, when it temporarily relocated to Ansonia, Connecticut, due to a factory fire.