Skip navigation
John C. Comstock
John Comstock
John Comstock
American, 1818 - 1862
Biography: John C. Comstock was the son of Dr. John L. Comstock. On January 25, 1848, he joined E. B. & E. C. Kellogg in a partnership known as Kelloggs & Comstock. After Edmund Kellogg left the partnership in 1850, the firm name became Kellogg & Comstock. While associated with the Kelloggs, Comstock wrote descriptive pamphlet to accompany a lithographic map and translated Jean Marc Bougery's Elementary Anatomy from the French. The breakup of the partnership between Kellogg and Comstock in 1851 nearly resulted in a lawsuit. Comstock served as a captain in the First Connecticut Regiment at Bull Run. He died in 1862 after returning from military service.