Skip navigation
See also...
Burgess & Leigh
Leigh

Burgess
English, 1862 - 1999
Burgess
Biography: Burgess & Leigh were manufacturers of earthenware in Staffordshire (one of the Staffordshire Potteries). They occupied the Central Pottery, Burslem from 1862 to 1867 (as Burgess Leigh & Co). In 1867, they took over the earthenware department of the Hill Pottery. In 1899, they moved to the Middleport Works, also in Burslem. In August 1999, the firm was renamed Burgess, Dorling & Leigh.