Skip navigation
Andrus & Judd

American, 1832 - 1836
Biography: The partnership between Silus Andrus and James W. Judd was formed on 3 July 1832. The Hartford, Connecticut firm which specialized in bookbinding, but which also sold gold leaft, printer's ink, and published at least one map and a few books, was located "30 rods west of the Episcopal church." In 1836, the firm became Judd, Loomis & Co.