Skip navigation
Engineering III Building / University of Connecticut
1969
Photographer:Photographed by Unknown
Maker:Made by Clifford Mitchell , American, 1925 - 2005
Photography; gelatin silver prints on paper, on paper pasted onto paper and on paper in a paper card Photography; color prints, loose and pasted onto paper
Primary Dimensions (image height x width): 4 5/8 x 9 1/4in. (11.7 x 23.5cm) and smaller Sheet (height x width): 8 x 10in. (20.3 x 25.4cm) and smaller Mount (height x width): 11 x 8 1/2in. (27.9 x 21.6cm)
Credit Line: Gift of Brenda Mitchell-Powell
Description: Photographs depicting various views of the exterior of the University of Connecticut's Engineering III building. One of the photographs is part of a card announcing the architectural firm Golden-Storrs and LaBau Architects' most recent projects. The card is illustrated by the drawing of a man operating a crane; on the left side of the sketch are the initials "C.M."
Subject Note: Engineering III, now called the Bronwell Building, still stands on the University of Connecticut campus, and has undergone renovations since its construction in 1968. "The Impact of World War II - 1940s - 1960s," "About Us," School of Engineering, University of Connecticut: http://www.engr.uconn.edu/briefhistory.php#impact Date Note: The only date found on the photographs is August 1969, on the four small gelatin silver prints.
Inscription: 2012.236.162, on outer cover, printed in black ink: "one of our latest!" Inside card, printed in black ink: "GOLDEN-STORRS and LA BAU -- ARCHITECTS" On verso of card, at bottom, printed in black ink: "GOLDEN-STORRS & LABAU -- ARCHITECTS / WEST HARTFORD, CONNECTICUT" On 2012.264.163, in white text at bottom: "ENGINEERING III BUILDING/UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT/GOLDEN THORNTON LA BAU, ARCHITECTS"
Object Number: 2012.236.162-.173
Not Currently on View
Send to a Friend