Skip navigation
Warehouse Point, East Windsor
1966
Publisher:Published by East Windsor Historical Society , American, founded 1965
Lithography; black and blue printer's ink on plastic-coated paper
Primary Dimensions (image height x width): 10 x 16 3/4in. (25.4 x 42.5cm) Sheet (height x width): 11 1/2 x 17 1/2in. (29.2 x 44.5cm)
Credit Line: Connecticut Historical Society collection
Gallery Copy: This is one of two placemats published by The East Windsor Historical Society in an early effort to raise money and increase the interest of local residents in the history of their town. The East Windsor Historical Society was established in 1965 and the placemats were available by February 1966. This placemat, with a reproduction of a map from Baker & Tilden's 1869 atlas of Hartford County, depicts Warehouse Point, a community in the northwest corner of the town of East Windsor on the Connecticut River.
Description: Placemat map of Warehouse Point in East Windsor, Connecticut, from the town line of Enfield to the north and the Connecticut River to the west. Owned land is denoted with solid boundary lines and labeled with the owner's name and a rectangle representing a building. Below the map to the right is a business reference list. Smaller maps of Windsorville, Broad Brook and District 9 are also shown, with similar indications of property ownership. There is a list of business references for Broad Brook. On the right side of the map are three photographs, one of the Scantic covered bridge and Osborn's Mill Dam, one of the Melrose trolley trestle and railroad station, and the other of the Windsorville Hotel and Louis Smith's meat cart.
Cartographic Note: 1 inch equals 30 rods
Inscription: Recto, top left, printed in black ink: "WAREHOUSE POINT / (EAST WINDSOR" Top center, printed in black ink: "WINDSORVILLE / (EAST WINDSOR)" Center, printed in black ink: "The East Windsor Historical Society, Inc. / EAST WINDSOR, CONNECTICUT / Organized and Incorporated 1965 / MAP ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED 1869 / Reprinted 1966" Center, printed in black ink: "BROAD BROOK / (EAST WINDSOR)" Bottom, printed in black ink: "District No. 9" Top right, printed in black ink: "SCANTIC COVERED BRIDGE and Osborn's Mill Dam in 1906. / Scantic Bridge 1842-1928" Right center, printed in black ink: "MELROSE TROLLEY TRESTLE and Railroad Station in 1906." Bottom right, printed in black ink: "WINDSORVILLE HOTEL, burn 1889; Louis Smith, meat cart" Verso, center, handwritten in pencil: "90992"
Object Number: 1992.142.2
Not Currently on View
Send to a Friend