Skip navigation
Town of Windsor, Connecticut
1977
Maker:Prepared by the Metropolitan District Commission , American, founded 1929
Lithography; colored printer's inks on wove paper
Primary Dimensions (image height x width): 47 x 35in. (119.4 x 88.9cm) Sheet (height x width): 47 3/4 x 36in. (121.3 x 91.4cm)
Credit Line: Connecticut Historical Society collection
Gallery Copy: Windsor joined the Metropolitan District Commission in 1929 in part because residents hoped that taking a regional approach to water supply and sewage disposal would save them money.. In 1977, while the MDC was proposing the construction of four new and expensive trunk sewer lines to better serve Windsor residents, the town of Windsor was already protesting what it considered unreasonable rate increases and seeking to transfer the responsibility for these costs to the invidual property owners.
Description: Map of the town of Windsor, Connecticut with East Granby and Windsor Locks to the north, the Connecticut River to the east, Hartford to the south, and Bloomfield and East Granby to the west. Highways and local roads are shown and named. Cemeteries, historic sites, parks, and schools are shown. Open space is green. The Connecticut River, the Farmington River, and other streams and ponds are blue. The MDC Poquonock Water Pollution Control Plant and the Town of Windsor Sanitary Landfill are both shown. A street index and a key to educational facilities; recreational, cultural, and historic places; and government offices is at lower left. A compass is at upper right.
Cartographic Note: One inch equals 1000 feet
Inscription: On recto, lower right, printed in black ink, "PREPARED BY / THE METROPOLITAN DISTRICT / P.O. BOX 800 / HARTFORD CONNECTICUT 06101" On verso, lower right, in pencil, "#088227" "1998.221.0"
Object Number: 1988.221.0
Not Currently on View
Send to a Friend