Skip navigation
Williston Seminary and Congregational Church East Hampton, Mass.
1840-1848
Printer:Printed by E.B. & E.C. Kellogg , American, 1840 - 1867
Publisher:Published by E.B. & E.C. Kellogg , American, 1840 - 1867
Lithography; printer's ink on wove paper
Primary Dimensions (image height x width): 7 3/16 x 9 7/16in. (18.3 x 24cm) Sheet (height x width): 11 3/8 x 14in. (28.9 x 35.6cm)
Credit Line: Connecticut Historical Society collection
Description: Three large buildings face a broad dirt road. The building on the left is a church with a tall steeple surmounted by an arrow weathervane. The facade has two fluted Doric columns between paired pilasters. Windows with louvered shutters and drainpipes are on the side of the building. A rail fence surrounds the church and two trees at the far left. The second building has three stories, a porch with Doric columns and an entablature, a rear wing, and several chimneys. The building at the far right has an Ionic colonnade and a cupola. A picket fence surrounds the two buildings on the right. Two men and two women are walking in the street. Additional figures stand under a tree in the distance. Birds are in the sky at the far right.
Inscription: On recto, lithographed title beneath image, "WILLISTON SEMINARY AND CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH, / EAST HAMPTON, MASS." In pencil: upper center, "2"; upper right, "12313"; lower left, "Drawer 21 #14"; lower center, "2 1/2". On verso, in pencil: upper left, "Box 9 #24"; lower right, accession number.
Object Number: 2004.122.0
Not Currently on View
Send to a Friend