Skip navigation
Milk Bottles
1933-1977
Bottler:Bottled by Auerfarm , American
Glass
Primary Dimensions (height x width x diameter): 8 5/8 x 3 1/4 x 11 5/8in. (21.9 x 8.3 x 29.5cm)
Credit Line: Gift of the children of Richard and Georgette Koopman
Description: Group of glass milk bottles made of clear glass, with the sides flattened to give the body of the bottle a square shape. The neck and mouth of the bottles are rounded. Raised molded markings on all four sides of the bottles at the bottom, "ONE QUART", "LIQUID", "1 REG", AND "SEALED 52 NU". On the bottom of the bottle (.48) is a raised molded diamond pattern around the edge, and, "99 / H2499". Printed in orange on the neck of the bottle on two sides, "Auerfarm".
Object Note: Auer Farm was located in Bloomfield, Connecticut on over 220 acres which was in part donated to the 4-H in 1977 by the family of Beatrice Fox Auerbach, owner of G. Fox & Co., who created the farm as a premier dairy, poultry and apple farm in the mid 20th Century.
Inscription: "Auerfarm" written in orange paint on two sides of the shoulder of each bottle.
Object Number: 2007.24.46-.48
Currently On View
Send to a Friend