Skip navigation
Alterations to a House for John M. Parker, 106 North Beacon Street, Hartford
1930
Architect:Designed by William T. Marchant , American, 1880 - 1948
Architectural drawings; pencil on paper
Primary Dimensions (height x width): 13 3/4 x 19in. (34.9 x 48.3cm)
Credit Line: Gift of Colonel and Mrs. Richard L. Shaw
Description: Architectural drawings for an addition to a two and a half story Tudor Revival house with front-facing pitched roof. Alterations include the construction of a frame, two story cross-gable wing with pitched roof on the south (side) elevation of the home. The rectangular block contains one room on each level, a den on the first floor and bathroom on the second. The addition is faced with stucco. The is half-timbering in the gable end and the rafter tails are exposed. Fenestration consists of a mix of 8/1 and 6/1 double-hung sash. Four drawings are included in the set; combination west and east elevations, south elevation, first and second floor plans. The first floor plan includes a new den and original living and dining rooms. The second floor plan includes a new bath and dressing room with stand-up shower as well as two extant chambers and closet.
Inscription: All drawings have accession numbers handwritten in pencil on verso, lower right. All drawings have architectural dimensions and notes in pencil. Drawing 1999.100.390.1 is labeled "ADDITION TO RESIDENCE OF JOHN M. PARKER JR., ESQ." in pencil in upper center on recto. Drawings 1999.100.390.2-4 have individual titles in pencil in lower center on recto (drawing 1999.100.389.3 reads "FIRST FLOOR PLAN").
Object Number: 1999.100.390.1-.4
Not Currently on View
Send to a Friend