Skip navigation
Addition to the House of Mrs. Charles Taylor, 232 Kenyon Street, Hartford, Conn.
1929-1931
Architect:Designed by Smith & Bassette , American, 1910 - 1940
Architectural drawings; pencil on tracing paper
Primary Dimensions (height x width): 13 3/4 x 20 3/4in. (34.9 x 52.7cm)
Credit Line: Gift of Roy D. Bassette, Jr. and John H. Bassette
Description: Plans for a three story frame addition with clapboard siding include rear and side elevations, as well as floorplans for the foundation and first through third levels. A kitchen, dining room, pantry, butler's pantry, servant's hall, and porch are noted on the first floor, all with fir flooring. The second floor contains a chamber (bedroom) with French doors opening onto a sleeping porch insulated with Thermofill. Additions to the third floor include a bathroom, closets, and a chamber with French doors leading to a balcony. The balcony is surrounded by a hip-length lattice-like railing and has cypress slat flooring, with a tar and gravel roof. Designer also noted that Celotex should line the exterior walls and ceiling of the addition.
Date Note: Building permits for additions to 232 Kenyon Street were issued in 1929, 1930, and 1931. (Finlay 10/5/2010)
Inscription: Accession numbers are written in pencil on lower right verso of all drawings. All drawings also include dimensions, instructions, and notes in pencil.
Object Number: 1976.18.206.1-.5
Not Currently on View
Send to a Friend